mardi 22 avril 2014

Liebster Award



I was tagged by Nathalie for the Liebster award. After reading her blogpost about it, and spending lots of time on google, I understand that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers (less than 200 followers) and welcome them to the blogosphere. In the digital world of the internet, this seems like a nice gesture! So I'm happy to partake and will answer Nathalie's questions and forward the award to keep this game going.

"Official rules for the Liebster award"
  1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter and display the Liebster Award on your blog.
  2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
  3. Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you.
  4. Place YOUR nominations for the Liebster Award! Nominate five (or more) other bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them via comment/email, etc.
  5. Make up a set of questions for those nominated bloggers to answer.
  6. Display the Liebster award badge on your blog!
So, thank you Nathalie for passing the award on to me!!


The 11 questions I received from Nathalie
  1. Quel est ton tissu préféré? - What is your preferred fabric?
    T
    o sew with jersey at the moment, or quilting cotton.
  2. Quel est le pays que tu rêves de visiter? Which country would you love to visit?
    The Nordics (long track through Denmark, Norway and Sweden) and, going back to Canada, of course
  3. Si tu étais riche, quels sont tous les patrons que tu rêverais d’acheter? I I you were rich, which patterns would you want to buy?
    I have quite an impressive collection already... But I am definitely fan of the Belgian and Dutch patterns so would empty the stores there ;-) 
  4. Plutôt ville ou campagne? - City or countryside?
    Countryside!
  5. Quelle est la marque de ta machine à coudre? What is the make of your sewing machine?
    Brother Innovis 30
  6. Ta pièce favorite dans ta garde-robe (faite maison ou non) your favorite wardrobe piece (homemade or other)
    probably my Boden dress in the 50's style. Or my pyjamas.
  7. Pourquoi couds-tu? (Par soucis d’économie, pour te passer le temps?….) Why do you sew? (hobby, thriftiness...)
    I started as my then 6 year old daughter was very very tall for her age and I could not find kids clothes in her size anymore. No way she was going to wear teenager stuff at that age (miniskirts and tanktops at age 6...don't think so!) It evolved from there to being a hobby I enjoy; being able to create something for someone feels nice.
  8. Quelle est ta bête noire en couture, ce que tu n’as encore jamais osé faire? what do you particularly dislike with sewing, what have you not dared to sew yet?
    I wanted to make a baby diaper bag/sac à langer and a nice handbag. Bought the fabric. Still untouched. It's leather and suède, scares me off!
  9. Quel est ton pire défaut? what's your worst character trait?
    ....Impatient and sarcastic
  10. Et ta plus grande qualité? what's your best quality?
    ...Attentive and determined
  11. Quel est ton parfum de glace préféré? Your prefered iceream flavour? - vanilla frozen yoghurt. yum!!

11 random facts about me so you get to know me better

1. I am, and always will be, a proud Dutch national but have not lived there since September 1996.

2. I left home when I was 18 and moved to the UK. Then to France in 2002, where I'm still living now.

3. Despite having 4 children, I am still not a morning person. I need sleep or lots of coffee.

4. I love language and words, and think more about spelling and grammar than a girl should. I wanted to be a journalist in my late teens.

5. I read. As much as I can. Since having kids, the average has shot down, I used to read about 3 books a week. I'm now happy with 1 book per month...

6. I am very good at the game 'Taboo' and have never lost a game so far. 

7. My favourite colour is green.

8. I used to be a vegetarian, now I eat meat but I prefer fish and white meat.

9. My favourite season is the autumn.

10. I don't like any sort of mushroom and don't eat offal.

11. I would love to live in Canada (eastern Canada by preference) and my dream is to take the kids and celebrate Christmas in the Banff Springs Hotel one year.

So my Liebster award nominations are:






Your questions....are the same ones I received from Nathalie! Have fun :-)

1 commentaire:

  1. Et bilingue en plus! Chapeau madame! I need a lot of coffe too!

    RépondreSupprimer