lundi 7 avril 2014

Charlie n° 2

After the first version of the Charlie shirt, one for Alice - a fully reversible one in lime and birdy jersey, I now finished the version for Ben. I made the one for Alice in size 98 and it was quite small, so for Ben I decided to make it in size 134 - at the worst it'd be too big and lie in his cupboard for a few months. But I think it's quite okay like this...

I didn't want to make a fully reversible shirt again, so I just followed the instructions for the normal version this time, and this way it's much much easier quicker to sew up. I cut all pieces a few days ago and then sewed it all together last night in an hour or so.

As I finished it last night he tried it on today after school. He's happy with it although he did think at first that it looks a bit too much like a pyjama top! After his big sister told him it'd look very good with  blue jeans he now thinks it's cool and is going to wear it to school tomorrow.


Finished last night:


Tried on this evening;


 Funny face!


Next on the list.....another sweater for Alice and a quilt to finish; my colleague had her baby daughter on Saturday soI'll need to finish it rather soon now.... TBC!

1 commentaire: