mercredi 1 octobre 2014

1..2..3... soleil!

I am definitely behind in blogging; Things just don't ever go as I want or plan,  and I'm procrastinating a lot.

The summer holidays are long over, but the postcards from our vacation in the Dordogne are still laying here waiting to be written and send..... Terrible. There's still a present to be bought and send to my friend who had a beautiful baby boy in August. I'm horrible. I need to make a to do list and stick to it. Tomorrow.

Before the summer holidays, Nathalie  launched a challenge; sew something for the holidays.
Which I did. And then never showed you.

I decided that a fitting project would be the Soleil dress. Summer vacation, soleil, right?

So it was again little Alice who got the goodies;

 

Soleil dress made from a stretch terry fabric, sunny colours for a sunny dress. It was still a bit large on her, gaping in the back but she loved it.

Pictures taken during the holidays in the Dordogne. The Dordogne river is the cleanest river in Europe, you can see the bottom so clearly, as well as the fish swiming around you.  Just look at that:


And you're swimming between the ducks too...



We had an amazing holiday, I'll have to start writing those postcards... but first; prepare the lunch, one that's in the oven go to shops, on the way back pick up kids from school, make them eat, help them with their homework, bring them to their sports activities etc.......

1 commentaire: