mardi 22 juillet 2014

Kids Clothes Week



So yesterday it was the start of Kids Clothes Week; the idea is to sew for one hour a day, each day , for a week,  for kids.  I'm participating this year as it's a good way  for me to finish off some projects and make some gifts!

The first project for the Kids Clothes Week, which I should therefore have posted yesterday....is a dress I made before the KCW (is this cheating?? oh well..) but I still had to modify it to make it a better fit.  It's a Belgian pattern, I made the size 2 years which is perfect in lenght but a little wide as Alice is tall but slim.

The pattern gives very clear instructions on how to adapt the bodice, and had I taken the time to try it on before assembling the bodice to the skirt, or measured my child properly (I need a seamstress tape measure) than all this would be perfectly done upon sewing the dress. But that's the way I go; just get on with it we'll see how it turns out...

The pattern is sold as a pdf file, so easy for a lazy daisy like me; print, tape, cut, seam allowance included as well, so it couldn't be easier.

It's the lovely Lotta Dress pattern from Compagnie M .
Made from the Euphalalia cotton fabric which I got from Bellelien 
Buttons sewn on collar and pocket flaps come from Manucréa  - photo above for a 'close up' of these, love those buttons!

The other photos speak for themselves;











3 commentaires: